- Concerns / Complaints
Our aim is to provide the very best care and treatment and it is important that we welcome comments and learn from people’s experiences. Sometimes things might not go as well as expected and, when that happens, we need to look at what went wrong so that we can improve our service.
If you have a concern about the service you have received from the doctors or staff working at this practice, please let us know.
We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If your concern cannot be sorted out in this way, please let us know as soon as possible. You can take up to 12 months to let us know. If a longer time has passed and there are good reasons for a delay, please tell us anyway, as we may still be able to deal with your concern.
You can raise your concern with the practice manager, Debra Tucker
· by speaking to her in person
· by phone on 029 2088 7831
· by email at Debra.Tucker2@wales.nhs.uk or enquiries@Gp-w95046.wales.nhs.uk or by letter to Tonyfelin Medical Centre, Bedwas Road, Caerphilly CF83 1XP
Your concern will be acknowledged within 2 working days (if you do not receive a response to your email within 2 days please contact the surgery to enquire that we have received the email. Since the "cyber event" on the NHS in April 2017 the NHS has tightened security and a lot of email addresses are sent to the "junk email" box) and we will explain the process of how your concern will be investigated and when you can expect a response (within 30 working days, unless a longer time scale is necessary, in which case we will inform you).
National "Putting Things Right for Children and Young Adults" Leaflet
National "Putting Things Right" Leaflet
If you do not wish to raise your concern with the practice, you can address your concern to the Aneurin Bevan Health Board by:
· phoning the customer contact centre on 01495 745656
· Emailing Puttingthingsright.ABHB@wales.nhs.uk
· Writing to:
Aneurin Bevan University Health Board
St Cadocs Hospital
Newport NP18 3XQ
If you need help with raising your concern, please contact:
Aneurin Bevan Community Health Council
· By phone on 01633 838516
· By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
· In writing to: Aneurin Bevan Community Health Council, Raglan House, 6-8 William Brown Close, Llantarnam Business Park, Cwmbran NP44 3AB
- Public Services Ombudsman for Wales
1 Ffordd yr Hen Gae
Tel: 0300 790 0203
Fax: (01656) 641199
Children and young people advocacy unit
· By email at email@example.com